Many people ask the question “Why can’t I lose weight” every day.
Inwardly, they are crying out for help.
They look at themselves in the mirror, and hate what they see…it is a sad story.
One simply cannot think like that and expect to be able to live life to the fullest.
These people need a second chance and a helping hand but are too ashamed of themselves to ask for it.
The reason why thinness is suddenly a fad can largely be blamed on the fashion industry.
They look better in clothes than people with a sagging belly do.
Their long, skinny legs, flat stomach, and jutting cheekbones make the clothes flutter and flow well wrapped around their bodies.
Never mind that they look like a soft breeze would blow them away, or that they appear so emaciated they might as well never eat.
Looking good is the norm right now, and being obese does not look good at all.
In order to keep up with the current trend, you will need the answer to his “Why can’t I lose weight” million dollar question.
It will be a long and winding road indeed, but not at all impossible.
Causes Behind the “Why Can’t I Lose Weight” Problem
Don’t get me wrong.
Loving to eat is not a bad thing. Neither is a good, healthy and full belly.
The answer to the “Why can’t I lose weight” question is not a straightforward one, because there are so many factors to take into account.
You need to watch out for several signs appearing in your body.
Usually, the cause behind obesity involves several recurring issues that may seem unrelated or even insignificant at first glance, but slowly becomes a big problem over time.
7 common causes behind the “Why can’t I lose weight” problem:
- Eating salty food. Salty food gives you empty calories that will only do you harm. Avoiding it entirely is the way to go.
- Skipping breakfast. Many people skip breakfast, not knowing that they are setting themselves up for a disaster. Eating bigger breakfast will make you feel fuller and eat less throughout the day.
- Eating high cholesterol food. Although not every person out there with high level of cholesterol is obese, there is a positive correlation between body fat with the increase of cholesterol level. Junk food is especially dangerous in this department. This is the most common answer to the “Why can’t I lose weight” question.
- Eating sweet stuff. Obesity is a condition often induced by a person’s love of eating sweet things like cake or candies. Substituting these unhealthy and unfulfilling snacks for things like fruits and vegetables have been known to cause some people to lose as much as 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
- Smoking. Research has proved that some people can actually gain weight by smoking, especially the secondhand type of smoking. Smoking wreaks havoc on you and other people’s body.
- Lack of sleep. You might think that if you don’t sleep, you move more, and burn calories more. So you should get thinner. But that’s not true, because lack of sleep will cause the body to become lethargic and may result in worse weight gain in the long run.
- Lack of exercise. This one is clear, because if you lack proper exercise, the calories you consume will pile up inside of your body without being burned for energy.
If you have avoided all of the above causes behind the “Why can’t I lose weight” problem, yet still fail to see a satisfying result on that dreadful scale, you might be one of those people who have unfortunate genetics.
Some people are simply more predisposed to putting on fat than others.
There is no other way around it.
These people simply will have to exercise more self-control.
If others can lose 10 pounds in two weeks simply by not eating sweets, you will have lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks.
Not only do you have to avoid sweets, fatty food, and junk food like the plague, you also have to complement your diet with exercise.
It is unfair that some people can eat with abandon yet still manage to look slim and slender.
Perhaps you consume nothing but a few spoonful of all natural grain for dinner every day, yet still manage to put on weight, for some reason.
The “Why can’t I lose weight” problem is one that differs for each individual. A diet that works for one may not work for the other.
But one treatment that always seems to work is consuming supplement or diet medications.
This will allow most people to lose a substantial amount of weight in a matter of days.