What to eat for breakfast if you want to lose weight? What kind of breakfast is right for weight loss? How one change can take out the pounds?
Breakfast is of course the most important meal of the day. It runs our body and in some way determines what and how we eat during the day. It has been shown that people who regularly eat breakfast lose weight more quickly than those who skip this meal.
If you think that with just a cup of coffee and skipped meals you will lose weight, think again.
Metabolism and fat
The thing is quite simple – breakfast is our first meal after hours of sleep. Since the last installment there has been probably more than 10 hours. If we eat healthy breakfast then we launch our metabolism. Otherwise, if you do not eat until lunch (it will be more than 16 hours since the last meal) your body will take it as a time for “saving” energy and it will begin to store the fat instead of burning it. You need a meal full of protein and fiber, which will keep last up to a late lunch, so you will not reach out for snacks, a source of extra calories.
Breakfast cup of coffee, you’ll quickly starve, the body will look for food around noon, and will reach out for junk food; especially because of the hunger that leads to a drop in blood sugar. You will be prompted to sweet and fatty foods. These are empty calories that will “fill”, but with them you will not get the nutrients you need, so you’ll be tired and hungry.
What to choose for weight loss
Coffee and donuts do not belong to breakfast and are not good for weight loss. They will not give you the energy you need and when you add it all up – to lunch, you will bring a lot more unhealthy calories than you eat a healthy breakfast that would keep you satiated. You need something with a lot of fiber and protein, vitamins and minerals, and low in sugar and fat. With sugar you get the power, but only the current, false. This is followed by a drop, a sense of lethargy, drowsiness, lethargy.
In a bad choice for breakfast include: donuts, pastries, cereals with lots of sugar, fatty foods, bacon, barbecue, …
Not only in terms of food choices, which is certainly important, but also the size of the portions. Even if you eat healthy, but in enormous quantity, you will be obese . The breakfast should be only one-quarter of the recommended daily calories – about 250 to 300, depending on your weight, height, physical activity and gender. If necessary, if you can roughly determine the amount of calories and follow our suggestions and advice that will list below or read the labels on the foods and the calories add up.
Calories entering and drinks, are even ones to watch too. Juices full of sugar are not a good choice. Let it rather be a fruit one, it has more fiber and fewer calories. Be careful and choose what kind of coffee, and milk products (let them be those with less fat).
- Oatmeal with less fat milk with a bit of banana or other fruit for weight loss
- Cereals without sugar with less fat yogurt, milk and one fruit
- Sandwich: two slices of bread from comprehensive grains, a small piece of cooked chicken or turkey, tomatoes, leaf lettuce and mayonnaise with a little less fat
- Two egg omelet with mushrooms, pepper and spices served with a slice of toast from comprehensive grains
- Toast or crackers from comprehensive grains with a little peanut butter and some fruit
- Musli with a light smoothie drink made of fruit, low-fat yogurt or milk
- Poached eggs with spinach and bread from comprehensive grains for weight loss
- Two soft-boiled eggs, salted biscuits oatmeal and a cup of yogurt
- Oatmeal with low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese. A bit of almond and peach.
- Pone with low-fat cheese (or without) and a cup of yogurt
- Pastries, muffins and donuts. They’re full of fat and sugar and have very little nutritional value.
- Bagels. Per calorie are equal to an amount of from 5 to 6 slices of bread.
- Fried foods. Bacon, sausages, burgers, barbecue definitely does not belong in a healthy choice for breakfast.
- Muesli and cereals with lots of sugar (be sure to follow the ingredients). Better choose a combination of pure cereal with some fruit (or only with raisins and nuts).
- Snacks (which they call healthy) – breakfast bars, muesli tiles that are full of sugar.